Standard checks can only be requested for job roles which meet the criteria set out by the Disclosure and Barring Service. To be eligible for a Standard Criminal Check, the position must be included in the ROA 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Job role must be included in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
[Disclaimer] Below we cover the common roles that we see being put through for Standard DBS checks. This is not an inclusive list. For more information please go to the DBS website.
- Individuals working in an NHS, hospital, healthcare environment who have either:
- One to one contact with patients e.g. catering staff, drivers, porters, cleaners, receptionists, secretaries, engineers
- Access to personal sensitive medical records about children or vulnerable adults. E.g. receptionists, secretaries
- Legal Professionals:
e.g. barrister, solicitor, registered foreign lawyer, legal executive, receiver appointed by the Court of Protection, Judicial appointment
- Financial Services positions if:
- It is a chartered or certified role (FCA / FSA approved). E.g. chartered accountant, certified accountant
- Other: this includes applicants working in the Security Industry, Traffic Wardens, Veterinary surgeons
You can see more information on the Disclosure and Barring Services eligibility guidance here.